Having a basic glossary and style guide is a great way to get more people involved in translating WordPress.com and other projects. By making the guidelines clear, they help volunteer translators feel comfortable suggesting translations.
Be sure to check if a WordPress.org glossary and style guide already exists for your locale first. We recommend adopting them for WordPress.com translation, because:
- It’s valuable for users to have a seamless experience across both WordPress platforms
- Both translation communities can work more efficiently by sharing translations as well as common tasks like building guidelines
Building a Locale Glossary
- On the project list page of translate.wordpress.com, click the Projects by language link above the footer section.
- Search for your locale using the Filter field, then click the row you found.
- On the top right of the next page, click the Create Locale Glossary” link.
Please note only WordPress.com project validators can create/edit items in a Locale Glossary. If you’d like to propose a change as a non-validator, post it on the translation forums.
Building a Style Guide
To learn how to get started on your style guide, read the Building a Style Guide section on the WordPress.org Polyglots Handbook.